Darwin Theme Evolution 0.1.2 Alpha
It has been a while between drinks, but here is the next revision of the Darwin Theme for WordPress. The evolution continues. The WordPress website has opened up its new themes section, so the new version should be available there once it is approved.
For those who can’t wait that long, here it is for download here:
To install, simply unzip the file and upload the folder to your WordPress themes directory. For a preview of the theme, just browse around this site (note: you may notice some differences being worked on for the next version).
Favourable mutation log:
- Made the title lighter and closer to the top.
- Took away the grey footer that was breaking the page sometimes. Replaced it with a groovy dotted line and changed the text colours around a bit.
- Changed header 3 size in archive and category page to match the normal posts because it looked strange.
- Changed the browser title bar display to show the page name first and then the blog name on single posts and archive pages.
- Changed attribution in the footer to link to the Darwin theme category.
- Made the
<body>background colour white as it showed up during loading sometimes.
- Moved the
<?php wp_footer(); ?>inside the footer div so that the little smiley face they use with wp-stats wouldn’t break the page layout.
- Cleaned up css a little from the mess that was the Kubrick css.
Enjoy! Subversion repository should be coming soon so that you can add your own code to the theme and stay up to date with nightly builds.